The Cadac barbecue BBQ outdoor kitchen (such as the Meridian 4, Meridian 3 or Citi Chef) has many cooking options. In the upcoming weeks we regularly show recipes from Cadac to prepare with the outdoor kitchen or barbecue. This gives you a good idea of the versatility of the Cadac BBQ and outdoor kitchens.
This time it’s a Summer Gamba Salad with sandwiches on the Cadac Reversible Grill
Cadac barbecue BBQ outdoor kitchens: Summer Gamba Salad
Ingredients for 2 portions
100 ml of olive oil
1 red pepper, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
10 giant prawns, peeled, with head
6 slices of baguette
150g mixed lettuce
10 edible flowers
1 spring onion, chopped
½ bunch of coriander, coarsely chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
On the versatile Cadac Meridian you can make delicious gambas and sandwiches with a summer salad.
1. Make a marinade of olive oil, red pepper and garlic. Put the prawns in this and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the plate and grid. Take a piece of kitchen paper and dip it into the marinade, grease the plate and the grate.
3. Bake the buns on the plate until golden brown. Add some extra marinade oil if necessary. Sprinkle with some coarse sea salt.
4. Remove the king prawns from the marinade and grill them on the grid, 2 minutes on both sides.
5. Divide the lettuce over two deep plates. Put the prawns upright in the salad. Garnish with spring onions, flowers, coriander, buns and tomato halves.
For this recipe use the Cadac griddle
A nice Cadac outdoor kitchen is the wooden version of the Cadac outdoor kitchen Meridian 3
More recipes: See the recipes overview.