The Cadac barbecue BBQ outdoor kitchen (such as the Meridian 4, Meridian 3 or Citi Chef) has many cooking options. In the upcoming weeks we regularly show recipes from Cadac to prepare with the outdoor kitchen or barbecue. This gives you a good idea of the versatility of the Cadac BBQ and outdoor kitchens.
This time a Focaccia herb bread with garlic-herb oil, prepared on the pizza stone.
Cadac barbecue BBQ outdoor kitchens: Focaccia herb bread
Ingredients 6 portions
For the bread
500g of flour
1 packet of yeast (7g)
310 ml of lukewarm water
15g of salt
15g of sugar
For the garlic-herb oil
2 cloves of garlic
50 ml of olive oil
1 bowl of fresh Italian herbs (mixture of thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage)
pepper and salt
1. Mix all ingredients for the bread with a mixer with dough hooks to form a smooth dough. Spice up and place in a floured bowl. Place the bowl covered with a damp tea towel in a warm place and let rise for 45 minutes.
2. Heat the pizza stone on the burner, with the lid closed.
3. Heat the wok on the other burner and pour the oil into it. Finely chop the herbs and garlic, add to the oil and remove immediately from the heat.
4. Dust the pizza stone with flour and place the risen dough on it. Press flat and press your fingers into the dough to create dimples. Pour half of the garlic herb oil into the dimples. Close the lid of the Cadac BBQ and bake the bread for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the bread from the stone. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve into strips with the rest of the garlic-herb oil.
Source recipe: Cadac on Smulweb.
More recipes: see the recipes overview.
Did you enjoy it? Do you have other recipes and would you like to share them with us?
Let us know by mail or on Facebook.