The Cadac barbecue BBQ outdoor kitchen (such as the Meridian 4, Meridian 3 or Citi Chef) has many cooking options. In the upcoming weeks we regularly show recipes from Cadac to prepare with the outdoor kitchen or barbecue. This gives you a good idea of the versatility of the Cadac BBQ and outdoor kitchens.
This time: Seafood Paella in the roasting tray.
Cadac barbecue BBQ outdoor kitchens: Seafood Paella
Seafood range: large shrimps, small octopus, mussels, shellfish, crab, squid rings
Extra virgin olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup of peppers (red, green and yellow), in pieces
1-2 tablespoons of paprika powder
1 bunch of parsley, minced meat
2-3 cups of coarse grain or paella rice
Saffron threads, soaked in ½ cup of hot water
1½ liters of fish stock
1 cup of dry white wine
- Select the desired amount of fish and seafood. Clean, rinse and drain well.
- Fry the finely chopped garlic in 4 tablespoons of oil in the frying pan. Bake all fish and seafood separately and then set aside.
- Heat the pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the onion, peppers, paprika and half of the parsley with stirring.
- Add the rice and bake for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the saffron solution and wine. Keep stirring the rice to prevent burning.
- Add fish broth and when it boils lower the heat until the rice has absorbed all the moisture.
- Divide fish and seafood over the rice and sprinkle the remaining amount of parsley over the dish.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Cadac BBQ.
More recipes: see the recipes overview.
Did you enjoy it? Do you have other recipes and would you like to share them with us?
Let us know by mail or on Facebook.